Bored seeing the same default wallpapers every day? Here’s how you can automatically change desktop wallpaper every single day on Windows 10, 7, and 8.
The default Windows 10 Hero wallpaper is actually good. Should you actually want to, you are able to access the high quality (4K) Windows 10 Hero wallpaper from C:\Windows\Web\4K\Wallpaper\Windows folder. Or, just download it came from here. Talking about the Hero wallpaper, Microsoft designed a great behind the curtain video showing how they actually come up with wallpaper and posted it online. However for whatever reason, I canno longer discover the video.
Just like the Hero wallpaper is, seeing the same default wallpaper on a daily basis can get tiring. This is especially true if you’re someone who loves to keep your desktop minimal, clutter-free, and fresh. Generally, to change the wallpaper on Windows, you have to manually download it, right-click around the image, and select “Set as Wallpaper.” Alternatively, you can also switch between the few included default wallpapers by opening the Settings app and navigating to “Personalization -> Background”. If needed, you are able to rotate between default wallpapers by selecting the “Slideshow” option.
Though easy, the above mentioned process is a bit tedious if you prefer a new wallpaper every single day. The good news is, you can automate the process using free apps. Allow me to demonstrate how to automatically alter the desktop wallpaper on Windows 10.
Automatically Change Wallpaper in Windows 10
Since Windows 10 has no built-in choices to change wallpaper every day, we will use Dynamic Theme, a totally free app from Microsoft Store. This free app automatically downloads a brand new Bing wallpaper every day and sets it as being your desktop and lock screen wallpaper.
1. Upload Dynamic Theme from Microsoft Store.
2. After installing, open it up by trying to find “Dynamic Theme” in the Start Menu.
3. Within the app, navigate to “Background” on the right panel, select “Bing” in the drop-down menu and select “Fill” from the “Choose to fit” drop-down menu. All changes are saved instantly, there is no Save button. If you have multiple devices attached to the same Microsoft account, switch on the Synchronization option.
Note: If the wallpaper didn’t change instantly, click on the “Update” button.
4. You can configure the lock screen wallpaper very much the same. Just go towards the “Lock screen” on the left panel.
Save Bing Wallpapers to a Folder
5. It can save you Bing images to a folder. To do that, visit “Daily Bing Image” and toggle the button to “On” underneath the Autosave section. The default save location may be the Pictures folders.
6. On the same page, you can select a specific regional culture to obtain daily Bing images. All you need to do is, pick a specific region from the drop-down menu under the “Source” section. With my case, I select “Current Culture” to ensure that I get wallpapers all available cultures.
That’s it. In the future, Dynamic Theme will automatically set a new wallpaper every day in Windows 10.
I additionally found yet another awesome app called Splash! for Windows 10 users. Splash! downloads gorgeous stock images from Unsplash and sets them as the desktop wallpaper. Try it out too.
Change Desktop Wallpaper Everyday on Windows 7 and 8
If you work with Windows 7 or 8, you should use free apps like Splashy or Artpip. Both apps are free, has minimal, modern, and simple to make use of interface. Obviously, both these apps can also be used by Windows 10.
Much like Splash!, Splashy uses Unsplash stock images for wallpapers.
Artpip sets beautiful art work and photography as desktop wallpaper. Some features like Favorites are just readily available for paid users.