When you’re away from your computer, you can remote shutdown Windows 10 from your Android phone or tablet. Here’s how to do it.
It may not be every time but there will be situations where you need to turn off Windows remotely. For instance, you forgot to shut on the system before going to bed and you are too lazy to get it done now. In those kinds of situations, you should use your Android device to shutdown Windows 10 remotely. Since Android and Windows come with an application for nearly anything, it is not that wild that you could remotely shutdown PC direct from Android.
To make this happen, we are going to use the good old client-server architecture. Though it sounds cryptic, all you need to do is install applications both on Windows and Android and tap a button. The good thing is, you do not even have to enable Remote Desktop Protocol in Windows 10. Actually, the applying we will use enables you to remote shutdown, restart or hibernate. Additionally, you may also schedule those tasks based on your requirements.
So, without further ado, let me show what it is done.
Steps to get rid of Shutdown Windows 10 from Android
Like I said before, to make this happen we are going to make use of a free third-party application called Shutdown Start Remote.
1. First, go ahead and download the desktop application from the official developer website. After downloading the application, double-click on the .jar file.
In case you don’t know, JAR is certainly not but a Java applet. That is the reason why I said you need to have Java installed to operate the applying.
2. When the application is opened, close the applying. You can disregard the on-screen timer. The timer is only useful if you wish to plan a shutdown.
3. The applying will run without anyone’s knowledge and appearance around the taskbar.
4. Now, install the Shutdown Start Remote app on your Android device from the Play Store. After installing open the application.
5. If you are on the same WiFi network or maybe your Android and Windows devices are connected via Bluetooth, tap around the “Start Search” button on the home screen.
6. So long as the desktop application is running in your system, you will see your pc in the scan results. Tap on your pc name.
7. Next, set the timer. If you want to turn off the body immediately, set the timer to 00:00. Now, tap on the “Shutdown” button.
8. You might visit a confirmation message, tap around the “Ok” button to continue.
9. As soon as you tap around the button, the desktop application triggers the shutdown process. As being a remote shutdown, Windows displays a note on the system telling you that the system will shut down in one minute. This will give any active user (like children) time for you to save their game or work.
Remote Shutdown Windows on the internet using Android
Exactly the same thing works on the internet too. That is, you don’t have to be around the local network or make use of the Bluetooth functionality. The only caveat is that you require a static Ip. Without having a static IP address, it won’t work.
1. To remote shutdown over the internet, open the desktop application and then click the “Show IP” button.
2. It’ll show a QR Code and your actual Ip (marked as External) at the end of the window.
3. Open the app on the Android phone and tap on the “Insert” button. You can also scan the QR code by tapping on the “Scan” button.
4. Within the next window, enter the displayed IP address and tap around the “Ok” button. This action will connect your Android cell phone using the desktop application.
5. Once connected, you can shut down the system like before.
If you cannot find or connect to the body, it’s highly likely that you have a dynamic IP address and not a static IP address.
As you can tell, remote shutdown Windows 10 from Android is nothing heard. All you have to do is install an application and tap a control button to do the magic.
Hope that helps. If you’re stuck or take some help, comment below and that i will attempt to assist whenever possible. When you are doing a remote shutdown, it’s good to trace Windows shutdown activity and understand how to cancel the scheduled shutdown in Windows. Do give them a read.